Friday, October 5, 2007

Time Marches On - Day 193

Yes, time keeps moving, and the scales barely do. Still, husband tells me not to complain as I am going down in measurements and sizes. Being a woman, however, gives me a license, and I plan to take full advantage of that, even if it is only here.

I did quit smoking, and it was not very pleasant, as I am sure you can imagine. I used Chantix and quit smoking after about four days on the meds. I took the pills for just a little over two weeks, until feeling like a poster child for unwanted side-effects, I put the pills to the side and decided to weather it out all on my own. After all, two weeks of not should be enough to break the cycle, right?

Side effects, you ask? Ewwww.... they were monstrous! I was exhausted, extremely nauseous, and still pretty-short tempered. I think that I was waking up on the average of three to five times a night, but the dreams, while vivid, were not a real problem. In the past two weeks since I stopped taking Chantix, I am still having difficulty paying attention and sleeping through the night. I am not nearly as tired all the time, but I am having trouble sitting still, etc. I am showing many of the classic signs of ADD, but I am not sure if this is related to quitting nicotine or if it is my natural state and the nicotine used to mitigate that. I dunno.

Anyway, here are my stats:

Highest weight: 294
Weight this morning: 197
Current size: 16

No comments: